There are some things which one can distinguish from others, and around which it is possible to build a personal branding strategy, but there are other things where each is absolutely identical to all the others. This goes, for example, for some expressions – or rather microexpressions – which determine the “reading” of the emotions on a face from the interlocutors.
Whatever a personal brand is, it is necessary to understand that changing the way of expressing some emotional reactions is impossible:
- disgust will have tightened nostrils and pursed lips
- happiness will bring a smile
- contempt will appear as a tight-lipped mouth, slightly raised on one side
- calm will relax all the muscles of the face
- sadness will affect eyebrows or frown
- anger will redden the face, harden the eyes, dilate the nostrils and tighten the jaw
- fear will fling open the eyes dilating the pupils, bring in the eyebrows, stretch the lips by lifting the upper
- surprise will raise and curve eyebrows by creating the horizontal wrinkles on the forehead, open eyelids, allow the mouth to hang open
What it is possible to do is react positively to situations getting to show the best part of emotions through gestures and non-verbal communication.
Tip: Be empathetic and relaxed! 🙂